Senate Passes “Inflation Reduction Act” -Heritage Action
On Sunday, the Senate voted 51-50 to pass the “Inflation Reduction Act” using the reconciliation process. This recycled version of “Build Back Better” includes:
- Raising taxes on the middle class. Despite the administration’s promise not to raise taxes on those making less than $400k, this legislation would raise taxes for households across the board.
- Green new deal policies. Climate provisions would spend a staggering $369 billion on so-called green provisions, the largest expense in the bill.
- Extending Obamacare subsidies. It would spend $64 billion on extending COVID-19-era Obamacare subsidies, temporarily shielding Obamacare enrollees from the real cost of rising premiums right before an election.
- More IRS agents. It adds a whopping $80 billion to the IRS for increased enforcement — that’s six times the agency’s yearly budget. That money will add thousands more tax collectors to the agency to harass and audit working middle-class people.
Following a weekend of round-the-clock voting, the U.S. Senate passed Biden’s “Inflation Reduction Act,” burdening taxpayers with more debt and 87,000 new IRS agents. Make no mistake, this bill was nothing more than a redesigned version of Biden’s “Build Back Broke” plan.
The bill will be voted on by the House of Representatives on Friday. With the small lead in the Democrat majority, all is not lost, yet. If a handful of Democrats do not vote for this, this bill can be defeated. A tied vote defeats the bill.
Following is a list of vulnerable Democrat Representatives for us to contact, urging a “NO” vote on Friday. PLEASE take the time to contact these Democrat Representatives
- Jared Golden (ME-02) (202) 225-6306
- Carolyn Bordeaux (GA-07) (202) 225-4272
- Susie Lee (NV-03) (202) 225-3252
- Elaine Luria (VA-02) (202) 225-4215
- Tom O’Halleran (AZ-01) (202) 225-3361
- Jimmie Panetta (CA-20) (202) 225-2861
- Scott Peters (CA-52) (202) 225-0508
- Dean Phillips (MN-03) (202) 225-2871
- Brad Schneider (IL-10) (202) 225-4835
- Kurt Schrader (OR-05) (202) 225-5711
- Elissa Slotkin (MI-08) (202) 225-4872
- Haley Stevens (MI-11) (202) 225-8171
- Thomas Suozzi (NY-03) (202) 225-3335
- Rep. Mikie Sherrill (NJ-11) (202) 225-5034
- Rep. Tom Malinowski (NJ-07) (202) 225-5361
- Rep. Henry Cuellar (TX-28) (202) 225-1640
Be polite when you call. Remind these Representatives that our economy is in the midst of a recession and inflation is at a 40-year high and this will do nothing more than increase the pain families are already feeling by raising taxes and doubling down on their failing policy agenda. We must make clear that the problems facing the United States are not a result of a lack of taxes. Instead, the reckless spending habits and big government policies are directly responsible for the dire economic situation families find themselves in. This package will not reduce inflation; it will only make matters worse
Thank you for taking action. We are in a battle for our country and it will take each of us doing our part to stop the train wreck.